Our goal is to invest and establish a Technology Hub to balance development and conservation.
- Aligning with Authority’s focus on climate change, smart cities and natural resources the goal of this hub would be to serve as a prototype for others to mimic and implement, while creating a data asset for engaging with donors & technology companies to drive better decision-making for nature.
- The technology and the local insights create a strong backbone for scientific experimentation and intervention to address Nature related challenge. Further advancements in technologies such as IoT (sensors), freely available satellite imagery, drone technologies & applied science (artificial intelligence, machine learning & data science) open up a unique opportunity to launch a first-of-its-kind technology hub that fosters data-driven decision-making.
- Identify and launch a monitoring, evaluation and learning hub to improve the impact of business actions (waste discharge, energy usage, etc) and citizen choices (education and day-to-day habits) to water & air quality.
- Our booming city populations, growing industrial presence and increasingly challenged natural resources (rivers and other water bodies). The interconnectedness of nature, people and industry expose a big challenge for us – one where we must consider a more holistic view and decision-support for corporates, industry leaders and citizens to drive impactful conservation-minded actions – benefiting the natural resources on which all life depends.
- Our forests are in crisis. The plants and animals are facing the threat of extinction. People living in forests and depending on them for their livelihood are also under threat. Generate livelihood development for forest dwellers and communities who are dependent on ecosystems.
- Support Conservation projects and people who work in the area of conservation Provide assistance to raise funds for projects and people who need help to promote conservation and environmental education.
- While water availability is one challenge, water quality is another. Most of our surface and ground water is critically contaminated due to industrial and sewage discharge. The focus is to implement science and technology-based solution for freshwater conservation.
- Identify freshwater areas and conservation challenges. Improve the health of our natural reservoir.